Saturday, August 1, 2009

immunity of the Ojibwe

I constantly meditate on ways to deal with the on-going gang violence within our community. Where it started, and how it needs to end in order for us as a people to survive this era of uncertainty. so that We may focus on other problems that we face as a people to become a stronger nation. I believe that we can end it's presence within our community altogether and re-enforce our community with our belief system. Embrace those ways and practice them so we may continue to revive our language For instance; what's the use of saving our language if we cannot protect who we are as a people? I believe we as a people must get our priorities in order for us to have a successful survival in the 21st century. I'm not saying temporarily abandon our attempt of re-emerging our language amongst our youth, but that we must not lose sight of what needs our immediate attention. Our people faced extinction many times before, we have always prevailed although it has wounded us as a tribe every time we struggled to survive. We have always looked to the time of healing, and re-strengthening ourselves, but we cannot heal unless we clean our wounds of all harmful,unhealthy entities. In most cases, being exposed to harmful germs makes one's body stronger because it adapts and becomes immune to the germ. The germ has no negative power, it is still there, but is now apart of who we are and is no longer harmful. It now helps the body when confronted with similar or like germs to prevent them from ravaging our bodies. I am using this as a metaphor because i believe my fellow countrymen will realize the harm they to do to our people, turn around, change, help us be healthy and defend us from harm, rather than tear us down. They are the ones who know why they do what they do, I believe it to just be ignorance, greed, and self-centered, reckless, destructive behavior. I just don't understand why would we want to kill ourselves. We, the Anishinaabe people, are so beautiful. We are blessed to be Anishinaabe, yet we struggle amongst ourselves and within our own tribe for survival. It just doesn't make sense, it makes me angry and frustrated, so i just put out my tobacco and pray one day for understanding before it's too late. Before all of our warriors are dead from fighting each other. There won't be any warriors left to defend our women so they can raise our children. We'll be rubbed out and the infected wound will fester, soon becoming cancerous because it is ignored and not treated appropriately. It ravages our nation and destroys us. Cancer ate away at my father until it took him, he knew it was inside of him but he kept on fighting. That's what we must do until me and my group of social scientists discover the cure, hang in there, I'm working on it and I'm opening the floor for discussion. I want to create a forum to bring those interested in the survival of our people together,and to show those who are infected with evil hearts we are aware of them and we have powerful medicines to treat the ailments they have bought upon our people. Not only are we aware, so are the spirits and they do not favor evil-hearted men that oppress their own people. I tell myself that they'll get what they deserve, but the spirits asked me to quit sitting around, waiting for someone else to show these cowards they are not welcome to destroy our homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment