Saturday, August 1, 2009

pillager guerrillas

I, Curtis John Buckanaga, Ozaawaaniikwad, of the Leech Lake Pillager band of Ojibwe, am writing this in regards to my fellow country men. Thirteen years ago, a friend of mine and I embarked on a movement within our community to create a warrior society to bring our young warriors back to the council fires of our people. Taking them back from this gang culture that has consumed and holds my people hostage with their ignorant violence, brought on by their corrupt enterprise of drug abuse. Our community is in peril. I believe time is short before we can no longer prevent the evils of our fellow country men from destroying any hope of restoring and the healing our community. Without our community, our way of life is lost. I refuse to sit by and watch the blatant disrespect of what our ancestors died for, so these men can bring about the destruction of our people. I am mainly speaking out against Native Mob, or anyone that believes they can manipulate and exploit my people and our community. Something must be done, something has to happen. So i am writing this in regards to my fellow country men, to those who want to stand with me and bring about once again, the survival of our people, and to those who will stand against us for their own misguided selfish means. We have to give this community to our children soon. It is not our way to let our children fix the problems we weren't brave enough to prevent, so let us once again stand up against the evils of man and survive. We must purge these corrupt people from our community, they are the cancer that will kill us if we don't cut it out soon,lets not let it spread into our homes and the hearts of our loved ones. We must become aware of this evil, confront it and deal with it, by any means necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment