Saturday, August 1, 2009

Moment of clarity

I constantly self evaluate myself critically, to make sure I'm doing my very best to re-ensure a future for my children and our community. I recently came to the conclusion on where a lot of our problems stem from as a people, as the Anishinaabe. I am not a racist, yet i focus mainly on my ethnic group so that we may become strong enough to help mankind out as a whole one day. To re-ensure our survival altogether, and to focus on areas that'll prevent future conflict. We have suffered a history of inhumanity brought on by the United States of America to our people for centuries. But now America is beginning to acknowledge that and repair the damages done,or so it seems. Once our enemy, they now lobby for laws, policies and aid that will provide us with the opportunity of the sovereignty, survival and revival Past administrations attempted to extinguish, yet i believe we still must work and strive towards equality,and honored treaties, and we must acknowledge the policies currently in place that will prevent us from becoming an independent strong nation. But I do not see that as a reality unless we hold those accountable for the damages they do upon our people today that threatens our survival, and that threat comes from within our own tribe. All the suffering we endure today is brought on by our own people let alone our own families. I see and heard alot of these young men and women rapping, writing, protesting on the conditions our ancestors endured, i believe we must focus our energies on the problems we face today instead of stirring up negative emotions of the pains our ancestors carried, and celebrate our survival. We need leaders. Where are our Tecumsas? Our Pontiacs? Or crazy horses? Our Oceolas? With great struggle, we were blessed with great leaders. When will Tecumsa return? We need a strong brave, honest leader, at least one, it's been awhile since we've had one. We've forgotten how to appreciate the efforts of survival we strive for. So if this pertains to you, if you believe you may be that leader, I pray that you may find the strength to stand up, your people need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment