Saturday, August 1, 2009

Real Ogichidaa

I look at all these so-called, "natives," claiming to be involved. Claiming to be down for our people, claiming to be activists, militants and so forth. Acting like their making a difference; yet i see a lot of them living hypocritical to the message they try stand behind. Few of these men and women walk that path they speak about. Me, I have shared the battlefield with my enemy, i have shed his blood and he has shed mine. I have lost friends and family to the violence i am subject to because of my profession; for i am a warrior. Nothing more, nothing less. I stand my ground for what i believe is right, i protect my community, my people, and my family. No I did not enlist in a branch of the military to receive my combat training,but i honor those who were brave enough to have served, I learned that growing up constantly fighting,honor, i don't have any medals but i got a whole lot of scares I'm proud of. My father was a veteran, my father was a boxing coach, my father was a warrior, my father was a honest man. He knew honor and respect, he showed me how to appreciate these virtues and practice them in every matter. So i say to you, if this matter pertains to you, where do you stand? Or do you just ignore whats going on around you in your community? Are you apart of the problem? Or part of the solution? Or would you rather relinquish your people and abandon our struggle to survive?

No comments:

Post a Comment