Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hip Hop in remission

Now, on a less serious note, although I take this issue rather serious, but I'm sorry to inform those that I have caught the attention of those that fancy themselves 'emcees' that I'm positive that nobody really cares. At least anyone with a respectable opinion of art. Yeah, there might be some of you utilizing this art form for the right reasons, but listening to the content of a majority of the so called music being created nowadays, I doubt it, but maybe I'm wrong, maybe your not doing it for the art. Or to express your self through it. Maybe you have no insight of experience or message to share, maybe you just have no direction, and your using hip hop to express that. None the less, the girls got Drake, Eminem has effectively revitalized hip hop on his own, and Lil Wayne is doing a rather excellent job of exploiting hip hop to the fullest, and I feel comfortable having these men maintain its stability, their the only ones effectively breathing life back into the art form and way of life. There is not much left to exploit, the 5,000,000 attempted emcees before you that never went anywhere with themselves more then likely already said what you have to say. I have gotten very intimate with hip hop, hip hop was very nurturing and my only companion at times throughout my life, but pretty much all of these homegrown so-called, "emcees" today I see are on their own unrealistic self-centered egotistical pursuit of obtaining glory through their self-inflicted delusions of grander. Realistically they will never reach the height of Jay-Z, Eminem or Lil Wayne. Probably never to reach the heights of a lot of well respected underground emcees not getting the recognition they deserve as well. Maybe they just suffer from a low self-esteem, either way its pretty embarrassing watching these greedy selfish, untalented people plagiarizing and trying to imitate real artists. Chasing after their delusional, childish, fantasy of exploiting hip hop to fulfill their lack of character. It is these inconsiderate people that I have watched bring hip hop to the brink of extinction by utilizing hip hop to serve as their demented way of expressing not only their lack of talent, skill or actual substance, but they have also successfully exhausted its essence by abusing and exploiting it to gain some false sense of advantage over their fellow man with the same corrupted interests and ideals. It's no longer impressive manipulating ones vocabulary to gain a false sense of status. A lot of these young uneducated men and women over emphasize on their false sense of skill or ability, their real skill lays in their ability to manipulate others with a weak opinion of art by duping their social circle into investing confidence and respect in these routine skills. Rappers are becoming more and more common these days, their lack of talent and respect has also gave way to helping hip hop lose its significance. These pathetic individuals can claim I'm 'hating' a lot of these supposed artist are not even real to themselves let a lone the way of life, what else am I suppose to feel for those perpetrating as frauds to manipulate and corrupt hip hop to serve their own ignorant childish agenda? I love hip hop. Hip hop is some thing I have developed a strong admiration for, for it has very positive benefits if appreciated and respectably maintained to convey a strong message or to entertain solidarity. For me it has spiritual properties where I can conjure a sense of devotion to not only its true essence, but to celebrate the struggles I have endured throughout my life with it's assistance that gave me motivation and drive to obtain my needs to be the man I am today. It's disgusting watching people abuse the gift of hip hop to serve as their poor excuse of claiming their an 'artist.' Its angering watching these fake ass sucker emcees using it to justify their obvious lack of virtue. Its depressing watching these people pursue their greed of making it big through hip hop, hip hop has lost its luster for the most part. Today there's only a handfull of respectable emcees sacrificing themselves for the art, and only half of those emcees are marketable, so now that every word has been flipped, and every punchline has been delivered, what are you expecting to innovate by delivering the same ol rhetoric the dumb ass before you said 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe trying to be a rapper is just a modern day faze all young men go through today, like puberty or masturbating. As well as massaging their under developed genitals in a perverted manner to find satisfaction with this immature deviate behavior that most men go through. They massage their under developed perverted ego as well through hip hop, I used to fancy myself a emcee, but that is before these assholes got a hold of it and almost raped it to death with their under developed egos. Making a sham of what I love, sometimes I hold personal vigils to honor the strength and prosperity hip hop has seen me through, sometimes I reminisce on the meaning hip hop once held for me before it was desecrated. I find comfort in believing that if hip hop died tomorrow from the cancer these sucker emcees ravage its essence with, that it would live on in my memory. I'm not saying these things to create resentfulness, or to discourage anyone genuinely expressing themselves. I just don't like witnessing disrespectful individuals taking advantage of my loved ones. I'm pretty sure your favorite rapper wouldn't appreciate your ineffective abuse of the craft to boast your lack of respect for their gift as well, because hip hop is a gift if received properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment