Friday, March 5, 2010

Quality not Quantity

I would like to ensure those that have stood behind me on the issues that I have been so vocal on, that I have not been distracted from the tasks at hand in speaking out against inept advocates of our people. I have held onto what is important to our community, which is ridding the glorification of gang life amongst our youth, and halting the de-culturalization of our youth through the overindulgent, desensitizing abuse of the media. To revitalize our community with our Ojibwe heritage, and to continue speaking out on the oppression we (we that are aware) share as a community. I appreciate all those that have voiced their concerns on issues I raise in my blog ethics, and it gives me hope and happiness when I see those of you who support our plight for survival of our culture, and why it is so important to strengthen our dependency upon our culture for our children. You may be asking yourself, whom am I to be speaking on behalf of our community on such matters, and sometimes I question my involvement, but when I look upon my children , the answer is obvious. It is my responsibility as an Anishinaabe to bring these matter to solutions for our children. All the while teaching my children, it is their responsibility to hold on to what is important for the sake of our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment