Friday, March 5, 2010

sacrifice

How can I inspire my fellow Anishinaabe to heed to the situation that has befell our communities through deculturalization, and I say deculturalization because I believe we as a people for the most part were not assimilated, but robbed of our culture, the society that the white man has provided for the red man has not in reality adsorbed the native population of America as a whole, racism is apparent in most situations, for we have unique issues that continue today to separate us from mainstream society, for we have had a unique relationship with the united states as a minority group under their constitution, today we continue to be under the oppressive hold of the vices set forth upon our population by mainstream society in premeditation of destroying the native american pressence, the absence of humanity,and empathy for the Native American has played a large part of the desensitizing of the Native Americans needs as citizens of modern day America, yet our socially afflicted practice their vices in a 'Indian' manner, taking note that we are still living within native communities ravaged by generation after generation in what I can only describe as inhumanity and neglect, now that after we survived the constant bombardment of genocidal attempts on the native population of America,whats to come of my survivial? whats to come of my dedication?, whats to come of my sacrifice to ensure my children the opportunities I was deprived of due to the assimilation and deculturalization my parents suffered? although much was lost, my father and mother,whom of both dedicated their lives to teaching native youth within native communities,did their best to give me what they could of what was left of our culture and heritage, and they encouraged me to pick up what they might have overlooked in my journey to learn of who we were, and what we've become,so that we as a people can mend and prevent further injury upon our communities, for it is our community that makes us anishinaabe.
Now it is our responsibility to become conscious of the harm and dismay that assimilation, deculturalization has created within our native communities, and go back and pick up the pieces that we're stolen for our grandparents, so that we may replace and fill the holes that deculturalization has left within our communities, to denounce any and all elements of destruction that have been allowed to run rampant throughout our communities for far to long, to enrich and take strength in what gave our ancestors the will the endure against such impossible odds, for today we face odds in favor of our extinction as a people because we have lost so much, and we have taken on overwhelming social downfalls that evidently we can not afford, we are left in a state of great peril re-enforced by those that abandoned and forsake our culture and heritage, deliberately transgressing even farther into the abyss of assimilation, involving themselves in redundant matters that in noway what so ever embodies any relevance of the struggle that we are born into as native Americans, is it your child who is to be victim of your shiftlessness and corruption?whats to bring those responsible for their involvement in the deculturalization of our communities awareness?will it be the day your burying your child because they got lost and drowned in the mainstream? I pray not, all I can say is, I pray that I may be there to provide them a hand in your absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment